I literally just fell in love with my new lotion recipe! After some research, I found that my favorite oil, Coconut, isn’t the only oil that’s great for our skin! Enter…Sunflower Oil. It contains vitamin E that is known to be very beneficial for our beautiful skin!
It smells so good, and contains ingredients good for us! I got all of the ingredients (besides the coffee) from Mountain Rose Herbs.
Here is what you need:
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup emulsifying wax
- 1 cup or so hot coffee
- (optional) 1 tsp. vitamin E oil (helps slightly with shelf life)
- In a double boiler, melt sunflower oil, cocoa butter, and emulsifying wax together.
- Remove from heat and pour into bowl for mixing.
- Mix in hot coffee. I found that it helps to keep the mixer on in one place and not move it around. My counter got so messy, so I learned the hard way….here’s a little proof 😉
- Mix for a little bit, maybe one minute, and stop. Let it cool a bit, and Mix for another minute. Continue this just a couple times until it’s the consistency of lotion and everything is well combined. You can add a little bit of vitamin E oil (1/2 tsp) to give it a little extra boost for shelf life if you want, and mix again.
- Pour into a one pint mason jar, or other jar(s) for storage. It should last a good month or more. If it smells, looks, or feels different after a while, you will have to throw it out.
I hope you enjoy this yummy smelling and ahhhhmazing feeling lotion as much as I do!!!
Here’s a little extra tip….use it as a shaving lotion too! It will keep you from using store bought, chemical laden brands and save you money! Also you’ll feel moisturized afterwards too! Win – Win!
How do you like this lotion!?